Monday, January 17

The Boy is one!

Such a good mother...
My tooth abscessed on new years day...good times. So some nasty facial swelling, morphine, antibiotics a visit to an emergency dentist and finally a root canal all is well. (Lauren if you are reading this sorry about the nightmares that experience might bring you) But that is not the point of my story, when I got into my actual dentist for a proper root canal on the 6th she asked me how old my baby was. "Eleven months" I said automatically (I always like to round down the months like I can force him to stay young) but then I pause and realize that in fact he will be a year in just three days! Chris' grandma turned 80 on Christmas so we threw together a little shared birthday dinner. The Birthday boy enjoyed the traditional first taste of real sugar.
( had to give him gripe water later that night)

pretty flame


He dug right in.
I was reflecting on how The Girl when presented with her first cupcake was underwhelmed and reached over and grabbed a fork to poke at it. To this day she has never really cared for cake type sweets.
Not The Boy. Such different personalities.
He ate the whole thing.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The phrase "emergency dentist" makes me twitch.

In happier news, that is one cute little dude and one delicious-looking cupcake. Happy 1st birthday!