Wednesday, June 20

story telling


     The last big assignment of the year was story telling.  Students each had to memorize a story and present it to their class.  Last year I advocated for The Girl and had her exempted from this assignment.   She struggled so much with reading that I felt it would be a negative experience for her.  This year she has been working hard, she has a fabulous teacher and we got her an individual education plan that gives her encouraging attainable individual goals. 
So this year for the story telling assignment she got first place for grade 2.
FULL OF AWESOME!

She presented Love You Forever and even sang the song that repeats throughout the book.
(I caught the mom next to me pulling out a tissue near the end)
She had a lovely medal presented by her principal
She wore it to bed.
  

4 comments:

aunt trudy said...

oh How wonderful for Elora. Im so happy for her and proud of you for helping overcome her fear. Wish I could of heard the speech. Hope you got a video of that one. if so would love to see it. Im tearing up just thinking about it.
Love to you all
aunt trudy

Lauren said...

Yay!! That's awesome!

Auntie Kim said...

Well done Elora! Very impressed.

Auntie Kim said...

oops, wrong login, that's for lindsay's blog.