I am a gamer.
There I said it, its out in the open.
I am a grown woman who plays video games more specifically computer games
It is a frivolous "western" past time.
I see videos like the one posted in the link above and it makes me nauseous...honest to goodness gag reflex kicking in when I see statistics like over 400 billion is spent on one day out of the year when 10 billion would make clean water available to everyone.
I do not want to be burdened by guilt and yet I can not shrug off these statistics.
??
ok so...
When you play computer games in groups and there is rewards available there is an understood etiquette amongst gamers its "need vs greed". If you are a night elf who can not use a sword you pass on the awarded sword (even though you can sell it for some decent gold) knowing that when the wicked dagger you can use comes along the troll warrior will pass it along to you.
Okay I can sense that I have lost you.
I am not ready to give up my games and head off to Calcutta. My point is next time I am tempted by our culture telling me what I "need" I will be asking myself if its just greed.